Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Roasted Salmon with a White Wine Sauce


My husband and I always cook at home for Valentine's Day, this year we actually had bible study on Valentine's so we pushed our dinner back to Saturday night.  I decided to make this yummy salmon dish from A Zesty Bite and it did not disappoint.

1 pound fresh salmon
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tsp flour
3/4 cup dry white wine
1 tbsp green onions
salt and pepper

Heat oven to 450.  Place salmon on a cookie sheet, brush with a little bit of olive oil and sprinkle with salt.  When oven is ready, bake for 18 to 20 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.  In a small sauce pan melt the butter then whisk in the flour.  Add the wine then bring it to a boil.  Lower to a simmer and continue cooking for 10 minutes.  When the salmon is done top with sauce and sprinkle with sliced green onions. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I stumbled upon your blog as I was exploring some of the blogs my own blog's readers follow, and I just loved this recipe for salmon. I think my readers would really love it, too! I'd like to invite you to participate in my blog's link-up party to celebrate the end of National Nutrition Month - feel free to check it out and share one of the delicious, healthy recipes you've been enjoying this past month! http://bit.ly/YCpeHq

    ReplyDelete