Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pastry Pockets



I had this on our menu multiple times before it actually got made and boy am I regretting that now! These little guys are amazing! They were so warm and filling on a cold winter night and they were way easier than I anticipated. I found the recipe over at Cassie Craves and she had slightly adapted it from Our Best Bites. I should have known I would love this, my bff Chive and Onion Cream Cheese is in it!

1 box puff pastry (2 sheets)
1 8-ounce container chive and onion cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
1/3 cup cooked crumbled bacon
Salt and pepper to taste
1 egg
1 tbsp water

Heat oven to 400. Defrost the puff pastry (look on the box for directions). Soften cream cheese in microwave for 20 or 30 seconds. Combine cream cheese, chicken, mozzarella and bacon in a mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Roll the puff pastry out into a 12x12 square, don't forget to flour the surface. Cut each one into 4 equal squares. Place chicken mixture in the middle of the square then fold over to make a triangle. Press edges together with a fork. In a small bowl mix together egg and water then brush over the pastry. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown. Let them cool off for a few minutes before serving.

1 comment:

  1. These are amazing! However, they almost did not get assembled b/c I kept eating the filling. They did not puff quite right being assembled the night before, but it didn't affect the taste.

    ReplyDelete