Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Chicken Noodle Casserole

I made this one night when we were taking dinner to some friends that just had their baby girl. I split it into two casserole pans and baked theirs first. The whole way to their house I couldn't wait to get home and dive in to ours. Gray and I both very much enjoyed this casserole. It is comfort food at it's finest. The recipe is from Cooking for My Family.

3 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
6 ounces egg noodles, cooked ( I used the whole wheat version)
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
salt to taste
black pepper to taste
1 cup crumbled crackers
1/2 cup butter

Heat oven to 350. Mix together the hot pasta and the cooked chicken. In a separate bowl mix together, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper. Gently mix together the soup mixture with the chicken and noodles. Pour into a 2 quart baking dish. Melt butter and add crackers to the melted butter. Sprinkle over the top of the noodles. Bake for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Made this last night and it was amazing!! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete