Monday, January 11, 2010

Sloppy Joes


I did not grow up eating sloppy joes, Gray did though. He has mentioned it a few times and I have always gotten this sense that he wished I made them sometimes so imagine my excitement when I saw that Andrea at Babe of My Heart posted a recipe for them! Oh I was thrilled and we loved them! So easy and good and perfect for a cold winter night!

1lb ground beef
half an onion chopped
3/4 small green pepper seeded and chopped (we didn't sure this because we both hate green peppers)
8oz tomato sauce
ketchup (Andrea says she thinks she used around 1/2 a cup, I think I used a little less than that but just eye it, you will know if when to stop based on how saucy you like your sloppy joes)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

Mix first three ingredients together, cook meat and drain. Add the remaining ingredients. I added a bit of chili powder too. Serve on a toasted  bun.

No comments:

Post a Comment