Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes


When I saw these on Cooking with Cristine I knew I wanted to make them right away!  What a perfect summery treat.  I made these for dinner one night and Gray and I both really enjoyed them.  Perfectly topped with some freshly made homemade whip cream and fresh cut strawberries.

1 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 tbsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
3 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
 Sliced Strawberries
Homemade Whipped Cream

In a mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. In a separate mixing bowl combine the buttermilk, egg, oil, and extracts.  Mix the wet ingredients into the dry.  Heat a pan over medium low heat and cook pancakes until done. Top with whipped cream and strawberries.


No comments:

Post a Comment