Monday, August 20, 2012

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies


So, my friend Ashley kept telling me I needed to try this recipe. I'll be real here, chocolate chip cookies are not my favorite, don't judge.  If we are at a cookie store I am more likely to pick ginger cookies, molasses cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies or snickerdoodle cookies before I pick chocolate chip.  So even though they aren't my favs I gave this recipe a try and they were fabulous!!!! They really did stay soft for several days. The recipe is from Apple a Day.

3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350.  In your mixing bowl with your paddle attachment, mix together the unsalted butter and sugars. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Mix in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt until fully incorporated.  Add the chocolate chips.  Use a table spoon to drop the batter onto a sheet pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not bake for longer than 10 minutes. The will still look doughy but they are done. Remove from oven and let them sit on the pan for 5 to 10 more minutes then remove from pan to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment