Monday, February 4, 2013

Crock Pot Vegetable Beef Soup


Ahhh vegetable beef soup.  This reminds me of home and my mom and my grandmother and brings back soooo many good memories.  I love this recipe and it makes A TON so I love that I have tons to freeze, we can eat off of it for days and still freeze tons.  It fills my crock pot.

3 cups beef broth
7 cups tomato juice
1 14 oz bag frozen corn
1 14 oz bag frozen black eyed peas
1 14 oz bag frozen lime beans
2 cans green beans
1 can kidney beans
2 cups diced potato
1/2 cup diced carrots
1 lb ground beef or stewed beef

Put all the vegetables in the crock pot.  Add the beef broth then add the tomato juice.  Stir it together and put the crock pot on high.  Once the soup is warm turn the crock pot to low and brown the beef and add to the soup. Soup will need to cook for 6 to 8 hours total.


3 comments:

  1. YUM =) Do you think this would taste okay without ground beef?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried it put I'm sure it would be. The beef to veggie ration is really low so it would still have plenty of "stuff" in it.

      Delete