Monday, November 6, 2017

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake


So I accidentally took a week off from blogging. Whoops! It was a long week and I wasn't feeling great and every time I actually had a free minute I just wanted to rest instead of blog. Anyways, I made this cake a few weeks ago with my 3 year old. I was excited about it because I love pumpkin but I thought she wasn't going to be such a big fan once she had a bite but she loved it! The great thing was this cake wasn't overly sweet. It's a great fall dessert. This recipe is from Sally's Baking Addiction.

 Cake:
2 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 can pumpkin puree
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract

Cream Cheese Layer:
12oz cream cheese (softened)
1 egg
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Heat oven to 350. Grease a bundt pan and set to the side. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg. In a separate bowl whisk together the pumpkin, brown sugar, white sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and fold until it is completely combined. In a different bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the egg, sugar and vanilla extract. Spread half of the pumpkin cake batter into the bundt pan. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top then the remaining cake batter. Bake for 55-70 minutes or until the cake is cooked through. Remove from the oven and let cool for 1 hour in the pan then flip onto a wire rack to continue cooling.

1 comment:

  1. Wow mouthwatering and very tasty looking cake I will definitely try this at home. Do you have Pakistani Cooking Recipes.

    ReplyDelete