Monday, January 8, 2018

Skillet Biscuit Pot Pie


Well, after an untended break, I'm back! Christmas got crazy then the start of the new year got even crazier but I'm finally sitting down to blog and hopeful that I can stay on top of it!  I made this recipe several weeks ago and it instantly became a favorite! I made it in my small skillet but next time I'll double it and put it in my big skillet because there wasn't a single bite left and everyone wanted more! This recipe was adapted from Kylee Cooks.

1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 cup onion (chopped)
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/4 cup flour
2 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup half and half
1 lb chicken breast (cooked and cubed)
1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
8 refrigerated canned biscuits
1 egg

Heat oven to 400. In a cast iron skillet heat the oil and butter. Saute the onion until soft and stir in the thyme, let cook for another minutes. Stir in the garlic then season with salt and pepper. Whisk in the flour. Cook for two to three minutes. Whisk in the chicken stock them the half and half. When the mixture begins to thicken stir in the chicken and let simmer for 5 minutes then stir in the frozen peas and carrots. Top with the biscuits. Whisk the egg in a bowl then brush over the biscuits. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the biscuits are browned on top. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-8 minutes before serving.

1 comment: