Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Applesauce Chicken

This was another recipe that I went out on a limb for, Gray was totally unsure when I told him about it and of course we both ended up loving it! I put in the crockpot before I left for work and when I came home the house smelled amazing. I found it over at A Year of Slow Cooking, if you have a crockpot you must head over and check out the recipes!

4 chicken breast (I only used three because that's all we needed)
1 1/2 cups of applesauce
1 T dried onion flakes or 1 yellow onion, chopped finely
1 T apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

Put the chicken into your crockpot. Add the onion (if you are using the dried onion, wait and add it to the applesauce). In a bowl, mix the applesauce, vinegar, garlic, and spices together. Pour on top of the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours, or on high for 3-4. I served it over rice.

1 comment:

  1. uh oh, i am trying to find the button to follow your blog and I cannot find it...please help me!

    ReplyDelete