Friday, June 29, 2012

Parmesan Lemon Brown Rice


I have such a hard time coming up with new side dishes. We love steamed veggies and they are so healthy and easy that we usually just do that.  I was really excited to try this recipe though.  I made it one night when my mom was in town and we all loved it! And it was EASY. This is one of those recipes that will really impress your guests without a lot of effort. I adapted it from Momma Hen's Kitchen.

1 1/2 cups instant brown rice
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried basil
half of a lemon
1/8 tsp black pepper

Cook the brown rice in the chicken broth, follow the directions on the box just replace water with broth. Once the rice is cooked stir in the Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, black pepper and the juice from half a lemon. Serve right away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment