Friday, May 17, 2013

Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes


Mmmm, pancakes.  I used to make blueberry pancakes all the time.  I actually remember making blueberry pancakes for my brother and I when I was in high school, it was one of the times I remember thinking that I really wanted to go to culinary school.  Anyways, this blueberry pancakes recipe is awesome and you must try it! It's from Sugar and Spice by Celeste.


2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 heaping cup of fresh blueberries

In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. In a separate mixing bowl mix together the eggs, buttermilk and vegetable oil.  Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined. Fold in the blueberries.  Cook on a skillet over medium heat.  Batter saves in the refrigerator for several days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment