Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Million Dollar Pound Cake


My Grandmama Sam was known for her pound cakes.  I don't remember ever seeing her and her not having a pound cake for us.  Everyone in her small town knew about them and our whole family loved them. She passed away several years ago and I asked for one of her pound cake pans, she had tons.  It took me a while to get up the guts to try one myself.  This is not her recipe. But in trying pound cakes this is one of my favorites so far! This recipe is from My Recipes.

1 lb butter (softened)
3 cups sugar
6 large eggs
4 cups flour
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla extract

Beat the butter on medium speed until it is light and fluffy. Slowly add in the sugar and continue to beat the mixture over medium heat. Begin to add the eggs one at a time until the yolks are gone. Alternate adding the flour and milk.  Once all of the milk and flour have been added the mix in the extracts. Grease a tube pan with generously with butter then lightly sprinkle flour on top of the butter. Pour the batter into the pan and bake at 300 for 1 hour and 40 minutes.  Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing the cake from the pan. Let cool completely before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment