Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Broccoli Cornbread


My mom and her neighbor love to share recipes. They will make something then give the other person half of it to try.  My mom was raving about this broccoli cornbread that Mrs. Annette brought her the other week so I had to make it to see what all the fuss was about.  I have to say I really loved it! It was so moist and just totally different from traditional cornbread but a good different.  It was a great side dish to a big bowl of soup!

1 pkg Jiffy Cornbread Mix
1/2 pkg Chopped Frozen Broccoli
3/4 cup Cottage Cheese
1 stick butter (melted)
2 Eggs

Heat oven to 400. Mix together the cornbread nix and chopped broccoli.  Stir in the cottage cheese, butter and eggs. Pour into a well greased 8x8 pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment