Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Crock Pot Steak Fajitas


My oldest has recently become a huge fan of fajitas. I had a chuck roast in the freezer so I thought I would try steak fajitas in the crock pot.  The night we had this was crazy. I had ordered some clothes from one of my favorite companies and it had arrived that afternoon, but it was half my order and half other people's orders. So I ended up on the phone with customer service for well over and hour trying to sort it all out and in the midst of that our power went out. It was just crazy,  I ended up eating cold fajitas after the kids were in bed. But even cold, these were good! And my kids ate them so that's always a victory!

1 2-3lb boneless chuck roast
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 red pepper
1 orange pepper
1 red onion

Combine the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper then rub it over the chuck roast. Place in the bottom of the crock pot. Slice the peppers and onions and layer on top. Cook on low heat for 8-10 hours. Serve with tortillas and toppings. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment