Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Homemade Chex Mix



I have had this recipe sitting here waiting to be typed up for over a year. Ridiculous. This is one of my absolute favorite things to make. I like to make it around football season because it's the perfect easy to eat salty snack.  Now I kinda always change it up and add or take away different things. I got this recipe from Mrs. Kathy, you have seen her recipes on my blog before. I'm going to post her original recipe. But sometimes I sub the cheerios for mini bagel chips, I used all peanuts and not mixed nuts, I also sometimes sub another box of cheez-its for 1 of the bags of pretzels. The great thing about this recipe is you can adapted it to the things you like best!

1 box Rice Chex
1 Box Corn Chex
1box wheat Chex
1 Box Cheerios
1 Box Chrispix
1Box Cheez-it's
2 bags pretzels
 1 lg (52oz) can mixed nuts
1 cup butter-melted
1 cup bacon grease-melted (or another cup of butter)
8T Worchestershire sauce
4t seasoning salt
4t garlic salt

 Preheat oven to 250. Mix all of the ingredients in a deep roasting pan. Mix together the butter, bacon grease, worchestershire sauce, seasoning salt and garlic salt.  Pour over the chex mix while stirring to coat well.  Bake for 2 hours, stirring every 20-25 minutes. Remove and let cool before storing in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment