Monday, October 7, 2013

Pumpkin Oatmeal Scotchies


Oatmeal Scotchies are probably one of my favorite cookies of all times.  My mom made them a ton when I was growing up and they hold so many happy childhood memories.  When I saw the recipe for Pumpkin Oatmeal Scotchies I knew I had to have them.  Pumpkin plus my favorite cookies...win!!!!  This recipe is from The Girl Who Ate Everything.

2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup butter (slightly softened)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3 cups old fashioned oats
1 (11 ounce) package butterscotch chips

Heat oven to 375.  In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.  In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugars, add in the eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla.  Slowly add in the flour mixture.  Stir in the oatmeal and butterscotch chips.  Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.  After the cookies have chilled take a spoonful of cookie dough and roll into a ball then press down to shape the cookie, repeat and bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until cookies are done.  Remove from oven and let the cookies cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet then remove from the cookie sheet and let the cookies finish cooling on a wire rack.  

1 comment: