Monday, July 29, 2013

Oven Baked Onion Rings


I have looked at Baked Onion Ring recipes forever.  I just wasn't sure...would they actually crisp up? Would it be worth the hassle?  I finally took the plunge to try them.  Gray loves onion rings so I figured I should at least give them a shot.  In the process I was thinking "these things are going to be a big fail" but then they were kinda awesome.  This recipe is from BS' in the Kitchen.

2 Yellow Onions
1/4 Cup Flour
1 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Salt
2 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
3 Eggs

Heat oven to 450. Slice the onions into 1/2 inch slices. In one bowl combine flour, garlic power and salt.  In another bowl whisk the eggs. And in the last bowl add the panko bread crumbs.   Dip the onion ring into the flour mixture then into the egg then coat with the panko and place on a greased sheet pan.  Repeat until all the onions are coated.  Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, flipping halfway through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment