Monday, January 26, 2015

Cracker Toffee


I learned about cracker toffee many years ago from a friend of a friend.  I have had it several times since but never made it myself until recently.  It might be one of my favorite new things! So easy and so yummy.  Oh my oh my! I could have eaten the whole cookie sheet by myself but I resisted!

2 sleeves Saltine Crackers
1 cup Butter
1 cup Light Brown Sugar
1 1/4 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips

Heat oven to 425.  Line a cookie sheet with tin foil and grease. Lay out the crackers in a single layer. Melt the butter in a pot over medium heat then stir in the brown sugar and bring to a boil.  Let boil for one minute then pour over the crackers. Place in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes. Using a knife spread the chocolate over the toffee. Let cool then break apart into pieces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment