Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Cheese Danishes


I have a bit of a weakness for cheese danishes. They were one of my favorite things when I was in culinary school.  Of course then we made our own puff pastry too.  Anyways when I came across this super simple recipe for them on The Grant Life I had to try them out at home.

1 pkg Puff Pastry (thawed)
8oz cream cheese (softened)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
fresh berries (optional)

Preheat oven to 400.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unfold the thawed puff pastry sheets and cut each sheet into 6 rectangles. Place in the oven for 10 minutes. In a medium mixing bowl using and electric mixer combine the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract. Remove the puff pastry from the oven and use a spoon to press down the very centers. Spoon a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into the center and spread out.  Bake for 10 more minutes. Remove and allow to cool.  Top with fresh berries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment