Monday, August 1, 2016

Margherita Pizza


I love margherita pizza, it's my absolute favorite. A few weeks ago I decided to make it at home using my thin crust pizza dough recipe and oh my goodness. The great thing about the thin crust recipe is it makes two pizzas so I make a regular cheese pizza for the kids then make this for my husband and I. I seriously might never make another type of pizza again. Okay well that's not true but it really is so easy and amazingly delicious.

Easy Thin Crust Pizza Dough
1 cup pizza sauce (we love Mid's)
10 oz fresh mozzarella
handful of basil
2 tbsp olive oil

Spread the pizza dough out and place in a 450 degree oven for 5-7 minutes. Slice the mozzarella into thin circles. Remove the dough from the oven and brush the edges with olive oil. Spread the sauce around then top with the mozzarella. Place the pizza back in the450 degree oven until cheese starts to bubble and the crust begins to brown.  Remove from oven and sprinkle the chopped basil over the top. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment