Monday, April 24, 2017

Oatmeal Buttermilk Pancakes


Years ago when I was skiing with my family we had these delicious oatmeal pancakes at a local restaurant. They were so hearty and filling and yet had great flavor, my mom still talks about them.  When I was making these pancakes those were what I had in mind, now it's been over 12 years since I actually ate those pancakes but these tasted just like them to the best of my memory. Everyone loved them!

2 cups buttermilk
2 cups quick cooking oats
1 1/2 cup flour
3 eggs
4 tbsp butter (melted)
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla exctract

Soak the oats in the buttermilk for 10 minutes. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl then stir them into the buttermilk mixture then stir in the butter.  Add the sugar, salt, baking soda and vanilla extract. Then stir in the flour. Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook the pancakes flipping once they have slightly browned. Serve with syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment