Monday, April 24, 2017

Oatmeal Buttermilk Pancakes


Years ago when I was skiing with my family we had these delicious oatmeal pancakes at a local restaurant. They were so hearty and filling and yet had great flavor, my mom still talks about them.  When I was making these pancakes those were what I had in mind, now it's been over 12 years since I actually ate those pancakes but these tasted just like them to the best of my memory. Everyone loved them!

2 cups buttermilk
2 cups quick cooking oats
1 1/2 cup flour
3 eggs
4 tbsp butter (melted)
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla exctract

Soak the oats in the buttermilk for 10 minutes. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl then stir them into the buttermilk mixture then stir in the butter.  Add the sugar, salt, baking soda and vanilla extract. Then stir in the flour. Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook the pancakes flipping once they have slightly browned. Serve with syrup.

1 comment:

  1. I feel so happy when I see varieties in breakfast and which is quick to prepare. Let me share one more healthy recipe Date Pancakes, and you view the complete recipe on site Living Foodz. This can be cooked in 15 minutes.


    1/2 cup rice flour
    Two tsp corn flour
    Two tsp sugar, Salt
    1/4 cup milk

    https://livingfoodz.com/recipes/date-pancakes-1537

    ReplyDelete