Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Root Beer Chicken


I have had a lot of luck recently with cooking with sodas so I figured I might as well give this recipe a shot! It was very easy and really delicious. It also seems kid friendly which is good for the future but I guess we will test that out in about a year. I found this recipe at and changed it up a little bit.

4 chicken breast (I used chicken tenderloins because that's what we had)
1 cup root beer
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
3 tbsp bbq sauce (I used honey chipotle to add a little kick)
1 tsp spicy mustard
salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder to taste

Combine all the ingredients except the chicken and heat in a sauce pan until boiling. Remember to stir fairly regularly. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until thickened. Divide sauce into two bowls, one for glazing the chicken and one to dip the chicken in when done. Heat oven to 400. Line a sheet pan with foil and spray with cooking spray so the chicken won't stick. Coat the chicken in the sauce and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Flip the chicken and brush with sauce again. Cook for 10 to 12 more minutes or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment