Monday, August 30, 2010

Summer Garden Vegetable Soup



I am itching for the fall so when I saw a soup that was a summer soup it was like a beautiful compromise! I found the recipe over at My Kitchen Cafe. I loved it! I told my mom about it and took the leftovers to her house the next day and she loved it too! It was way easier than I thought it would be as well!

3 medium zucchini, chopped into bite-size pieces
4 medium tomatoes, chopped into bite-size pieces
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley (I used dried because it's what I had)
1 teaspoon dried basil (or 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped)
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, chopped
¼ cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk (I used low-fat)
1 ½ cups frozen or fresh corn kernels (I doubled the corn)
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Melt butter over medium heat in a large pot. Add zucchini, onion, parsley and basil, stirring every so often for 2 to 3 minutes. Add flour, salt and pepper and stir continually for a minute. Slowly add the chicken broth and lemon juice while stirring constantly. Bring soup to a simmer while still stirring. Cook for 2 to 3 more minutes. Add evaporated milk, corn, and tomatoes and let cook for a few minutes. Right before serving mix in the Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment