Friday, July 22, 2011

Black Bean Burgers

I made these the other night and I was going to use the recipe from Annie's Eats but then I got to thinking, I know how I like my black beans, so why not try and make them like that? I did use her recipe as a guide but I would assume they have different flavors basked on the way we seasoned them. These were our first black bean burgers and we really enjoyed them!

2 (15oz) can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
2/3 cup panko crumbs
1/2 onion (chopped)
2 eggs
1/2 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil

Take 3/4 of the beans and mash them, just estimate how much. Add the panko and onion and mix it in. In a separate bowl mix the eggs with the chili powder, salt and pepper. Add the eggs and mix in. Add the beans that are not smashed, stir them in. Form your patties. You can refrigerate them which helps them to firm up. To cook, heat a pan to medium heat, put a tbsp of olive oil in the pan and add the black bean patties. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side. Top with your favorite toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment