Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Self Frosting Nutella Cupcakes

Seriously??? Did you read the name of this recipe? Oh my heavens! My friend Leslie came over the other night after I put the little guy to bed and I made these for us and they were awesome! The recipe is from babble.com but I came across it on Pinterest. The best part is, I had all of these ingredients in my house already.

1/4 cup butter (room temp)
1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
3/4 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup Nutella

Heat oven to 325. Combine butter, oil and sugar in a medium size bowl with an electric mixer. Beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat until smooth. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt, stir together. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and combine slowly. Divide the batter between 12 muffin cups. Drop a spoonful of nutella on top of each cupcake. Swirl with the tip of a knife. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from tin after 3 minutes to let cool.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen these before and have had them on my list to try for a LONG time. I'm so glad you posted about them! I think I'll make some this weekend. And I absolutely love the new look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete