Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Spinach Dip

I love a good spinach dip but never made one before the other night. I found a particular recipe online and told Gray about it, his first question was if the spinach was fresh or frozen, it was frozen. He asked me to find one with fresh spinach. I found this one that I had pinned on pinterest from The Comfort of Cooking. Oh.My.Goodness. There were 4 of us and we ate the entire thing. It was amazing. I think this is my new favorite dip recipe!

2 tbsp olive oil
6 oz. baby spinach
8 oz. cream cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded, plus some extra for the top)
1 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
1 cup sour cream
5-6 cloves garlic (minced)
Salt and pepper to taste

Blend together cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan and sour cream. In a pan heat the olive oil then saute the spinach and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add the spinach to the cream cheese mixture and blend together. Pour into an 8x8 pan. Top with more mozzarella. Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes.

1 comment: