Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Bacon Cheddar Onion Bread


Cassie Craves is my favorite recipe blog out there! Maybe it's just because I feel like she might be my food soul mate but I can't stop using her recipes. You might as well just head straight there because once you read this you will want to see more of what she has to offer, nothing I have tried off her blog has been bad! The bread = fantastic. So easy and so so delicious.

2 medium onions, chopped
2 teaspoons butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix ( I used bisquick because we had some in the pantry)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup real bacon bits
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 tablespoon butter, melted

Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a non stick skillet melt 2 teaspoons of butter and add the onion. Cook until the onion is tender then add salt and pepper. Put baking mix in a mixing bowl and add egg and milk, stir until combined then add bacon bits, onion and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese. Spray loaf pan with some sort of nonstick spray. Add the dough to the pan and top with remaining melted butter and the rest of the cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until done. Store in the refrigerator.

1 comment:

  1. Leigh, you are so sweet! :) I'm so glad you're enjoying the recipes!!! MAN, I really need to make this bread again...

    ReplyDelete