Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Crockpot Italian Dip Sandwiches

I love my crock pot which is why I use it once a week, I am always looking for new super simple recipes to throw in there before work! This is a recipe is a winner for sure and with it just being the two of us there was PLENTY of leftovers! I found the recipe over at A Recipe A Day.



1 large onion, sliced
1 can beef broth
(4 lb) beef rump roast, trimmed of all fat
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 (1 oz) package of Italian dressing mix
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
Sandwich Rolls
Provolone slices

Place onion and beef broth in the crock pot. Add the roast then pour the vinegar over the roast. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and Italian dressing mix. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. When done cooking slice the beef and put it back in the crock pot to soak up the drippings. Toast buns then add the beef and top with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment