Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup



This was such an easy recipe. I love what I like to call "dump and go" crockpot recipes. I put everything in the crockpot before I left for work and when I got home dinner was done. Very little clean up and the house smelled awesome. This recipes is from The Sisters Cafe.

4 boneless skinless chicken breast
2 15-oz cans black beans, drained
2 15-oz cans Mexican stewed tomatoes (I couldn't find these so I just mixed in a teaspoon of chili powder with each can)
1 cup MEDIUM salsa (not mild)
1 4-oz can chopped green chilies
1 14 ½-oz can tomato sauce
Tortilla chips
2 cups grated cheddar cheese

Place the chicken breast in the bottom of the crockpot then add the black beans, stewed tomatoes, salsa, green chilies and tomato sauce. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Before serving remove the chicken breast and shred then add it back to the pot. Serve over tortilla chips and top with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment