Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Caramel Banana Bread



This amazing recipe came from Taste and Tell. When I found it, I just had to try it right away. I love banana bread and add caramel icing? Yes please! I could have eaten this whole loaf so I sent most of it to work with Gray so that I could escape the calories. Go make this right now, you will not regret it. I did have to use a little more cream in my icing but I adjusted the recipe to what I used, it was just not then enough to be able to spread over the bread.

For the Banana Bread:

1 3/4 cups flour
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed bananas
2 tablespoons milk
2 eggs

Heat oven to 350. In a mixing bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together. Then add the bananas milk and eggs. Mix until combined. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown. Cool completely then remove from pan and top with caramel icing.

For the Caramel Icing:

1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 teaspoons heavy cream
1 cup powdered sugar

Combine butter and brown sugar in a pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil then remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Then whisk in the heavy cream and powdered sugar. Once all the lumps are gone pour over the banana bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment